By Michael J. Conway, Board Chair, Co-op Owner
GreenTree Cooperative Grocery celebrated its 51st Anniversary this year, and this milestone coincides with a $1,000,000 Capital Campaign to #GrowGreenTree. We are expanding to a much larger store in downtown Mt. Pleasant!
- Five times more retail space
- A parking lot
- A café with indoor and outdoor seating
- More prepared foods
- More grocery and produce options
- More beer and wine
- More of everything!
This is one of the largest development projects in downtown Mt. Pleasant in decades! The socioeconomic impact of an expanded GreenTree will significantly benefit the region. We expect to support more local farmers, provide more healthy food, employ more workers at a living wage, and promote healthy lifestyles. We also provide leadership opportunities for Co-op Owners – you can join the GreenTree Board of Directors!
GreenTree Cooperative Grocery is a unique enterprise working toward the following desired outcomes:
- People have access to food and products that meet their health needs, including organic, non-GMO, locally-produced, and responsibly-sourced.
- Our Owners have the opportunity to participate in a democratic process.
- Our community benefits from GreenTree being an exemplary employer.
- We have a strong local economy.
- Our community is educated.
- Our environment is positively impacted.
This is your chance to join a group of community members who are making a big impact in downtown Mt. Pleasant. Please consider joining the GreenTree Board of Directors. You can start this journey by filling out a Board Candidacy form either in the store or on this page.
Please submit your Board Candidacy form to:
- Sarah Christensen, General Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org