By Dexter L.
- 1 lb Penne Pasta
- 1 lb Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ White Onion, finely chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 12oz Pumpkin Puree
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- ½ tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese, to top
1. Cook pasta to al dente, according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. In a medium skillet, brown sausage and set aside.
3. In a skillet, over medium heat add oil and sauté onions and garlic for 3 minutes.
4. Stir in chicken broth, pumpkin, cream, crushed red pepper, cinnamon, and the salt
5. Reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes to thicken.
6. Stir in cooked penne and sausage.
7. Serve hot and sprinkle with cheese.