We are excited to announce new and improved benefits for Co-op Owners, starting on Monday, May 1st!
We heard you — It’s hard to plan around special discount days and remember which benefits apply when. Can they be applied to sale items? Which items are actually local? Does this cover every department? Our staff members are constantly fielding questions about what our Owner benefits cover and how they work. We believe that the advantages of joining your community food co-op should be obvious, so we’re launching benefits that are easy to earn, easy to use, and deliver real value for you each time you shop at GreenTree. We think you’re going to love these updates.
Beginning on May 1st, Owners will receive a 1% rebate on all purchases every day. How you redeem your rebate is up to you – use it every time you shop, here and there, or save it up for a bigger purchase. Instead of getting 10% off 12 times a year, you’ll now be getting 1% back 365 times a year!
Ownership includes other rights and benefits as well: 10% case discounts, annual meeting invitations, Community Partner discounts, the right to vote in Co-op elections, and more.
The best part? There’s no need for you to do anything differently. Your extras will kick in automatically each time you shop on your Owner account. You can ask to see your balance whenever you’re at the register and the more you shop the more you’ll earn!
Owner Rights and Benefits:
- Receive 1% rebate on purchases every day.
- 10% discount on special order cases. (Now applies to sale and non-sale items.)
- Receive Co-op updates via email.
- Get invited to Owner events, monthly Board of Directors meetings, and the Annual Owner Meeting.
- Pre-pay Charge Account – All Owners may deposit funds with the Co-op and charge purchases against their balance.
- Vote to elect the Board of Directors and on changes to the bylaws.
- You could run for a position on the Board of Directors.
- An annual patronage refund.*
- Exclusive offers from our Community Partners.
- A 10% discount on your first sale when you join.
*When the Co-op is profitable and as determined by the Board of Directors.
The costs of Ownership will remain the same – $30 per year for seven years or $210 all at once to purchase a full share. There is still no volunteering requirement and Ownership is still open to any individual who is at least 18 years of age. This change also won’t affect the Senior, Student, or EBT discounts, which are available to all shoppers. If you have any additional questions about these new Owner Extras, feel free to stop by the store, call us at 989-772-3221, or email our Marketing & Owner Services Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org