By Joy S.
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons corn starch (stirred into a small amount of cold water so that it doesn’t clump in the pot)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk (or organic half-and-half)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 3-5 pieced cooked bacon, chopped (optional)
Yield: 4 servings.