In 2011 GreenTree remodeled our current store and built an on-site kitchen. We now offer hot breakfast items, soups, and dinners every day, in addition to a large selection of sandwiches, salads, compound salads, dips, spreads, and baked goods. You can also order larger quantities or special items by contacting our Deli Manager at email@example.com. In 2015, we brought in a wide new assortment of gourmet and Michigan-produced cheeses. There is now a wider variety of vegan cheese options, lactose-free cow’s-milk cheeses, and goat’s-milk cheeses as well.
What is it made of?
Many of the ingredients we use in our deli foods are the same ones you can purchase on the shelves of the Co-op.
- We use USDA Certified Organic ingredients whenever possible. (This is generally indicated with an asterisk on the ingredient label.)
- We choose local and Michigan meats, like Kampf lamb and Eat Local Eat Natural beef, as much as we can.
- Otherwise we will choose humane and hormone-free products, like Applegate Farms bacon.
- Our produce is also local, Michigan weather permitting.
Are there any gluten-free options?
You won’t see any gluten-free products in our deli case, but you will see many items with no gluten ingredients. Gluten-free products are generally made in dedicated facilities, and products must be tested by a third party certifier. We don’t do this type of testing in our kitchen. However, our deli personnel engage in a variety of practices designed to minimize cross-contact.
- Countertops are sterilized before and after each item is prepped, whether it contained gluten or not.
- Hands are washed thoroughly and new gloves put on before each dish is made, whether the previous dish contained gluten or not.
- New utensils are used to prepare and portion each dish, whether the previous dish contained gluten or not.
- When there will be a non-gluten and gluten version of a dish, such as a sandwich, the non-gluten is always prepped first.
Please keep in mind that despite these precautions, gluten containing items are made in our kitchen. Different individuals have varying levels of sensitivity and we cannot guarantee that absolutely no cross-contact has occurred. As with any food allergy, you are the best judge of what is safe for your consumption.
You can order ahead and purchase anything we make in our deli in larger quantities. Contact our Deli Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) for specific information on our items and pricing.